Cosmetic Dentistry in Libertyville, IL
Cosmetic dentistry is a form of dental care where the dentist will perform either invasive or non-invasive procedures to improve your teeth’s appearance. They may use surgical or prosthetic techniques to achieve this.
Some types of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth whitening
- Porcelain Veneers
- Dental implants
- Dental crowns and bridges
Invisalign Clear Braces
If you have crooked teeth, but would like an attractive smile, straightening them with Invisalign clear braces could be your answer.
Invisalign clear braces are a safe way of correcting minor bite problems and straightening teeth. Benefits of Invisalign include:
- Practically invisible
- Comfortable to wear
- Treatment is between a year and a year and a half
Invisalign appliances are made from either acrylic or plastic material. They’re extremely transparent, meaning others barely notice them, unlike with regular metal braces. They’re custom-made to fit your mouth which makes them comfortable to wear.
These are a popular dentistry treatment and for good reason. They can help:
- Correct or color whiten one or more teeth
- Fill spaces between your teeth
- Correct teeth grinding effects
- Cover up uneven or irregularly-shaped teeth
- Correct chipped or cracked teeth
They consist of a super-thin piece of porcelain the dentist applies to the surface of your teeth and are used to create the appearance of attractive, beautiful and natural-looking teeth.
Porcelain veneers are also known as “instant orthodontics”, not because the dentist applies them instantly, but rather they don’t take years for you to notice the effects like braces do.
The best and safest way to obtain a white, healthy smile is to have your teeth professionally whitened by your dentist. There are three options of teeth whitening:
- Bleach-activated laser whitening
- Conventional bleaching with a customized mouthguard
- Simple laser teeth whitening
Dental implants are a great alternative to partial dentures when you lose your teeth. During the procedure, the dentist places the implant either into your bone or into your gum that holds a prosthetic tooth that performs and looks just like your natural tooth. Dental implants:
- Provide almost the same amount of chewing power as a natural tooth
- Might help prevent issues of bone loss following extractions
- Keep your remaining teeth from moving and shifting out of place
Tooth-colored fillings are a part of today’s modern dentistry methods and are way more attractive. They’re made from a composition of materials that match your teeth’s natural color more closely. Dentists use them to treat cavities or restore damaged teeth as well as treat other types of tooth decay.
There are a number of benefits of tooth-colored fillings, including:
- It takes seconds (not minutes) for them to harden
- They help restore up to 95% of your tooth’s strength
- They visually fit in with the rest of your neighboring teeth
- They cause little to no sensitivity or pain
- They’re chemically bonded to your teeth, therefore the dentist doesn’t need to place any slots or grooves in your healthy teeth
Also called composite bonding, cosmetic bonding is used for filling in spaces or gaps in between your teeth.
Benefits of cosmetic bonding are:
- They provide you with the appearance of whiter, straighter teeth
- They’re a good cosmetic solution for gapped, chipped or stained teeth
- They retain the natural structure and health of your tooth
The dentist prepares the tooth before the procedure. They widen the tooth surface and smooth it using special tools. This helps take care of existing cracks, fissures and unusual gaps in between your teeth. Then they use a dental resin that matches your tooth’s natural color and apply it to your tooth. Using UV rays, the dentist hardens it into place and then trims and polishes it so it naturally blends in with the rest of your teeth.
Contact Dr. Nicholas Polito for Your Dentistry Needs
Whether you require a filling, tooth extraction, dental implant or are looking to have your teeth whitened, Dr. Polito can help.
Dr. Nicholas Polito has provided outstanding cosmetic dentistry for his patients for more than 25 years. He’s one of nine doctors certified (accredited) by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry in Illinois. He has a wide range of experience in comprehensive reconstructive care, is certified in Invisalign orthodontic care and has extensive experience in veneers and bonding. Contact our office today to set up your appointment.