One of the hallmarks of a beautiful smile is white teeth. It’s the first thing that people notice when they meet you. A beautiful, gleaming smile doesn’t only make you look more attractive. It also can improve your self-esteem and give you the confidence to go after what you want in life.
Guaranteed Whiter Teeth
When you get your teeth whitened in your dentist’s office, you get professional, guaranteed results. There are many different over-the-counter teeth whitening kits available at drug and discount stores. Unfortunately, this is an example of getting what you pay for. Those kinds of DIY kits often don’t work as expected, and they give less than spectacular results, if any. The only place to get guaranteed results for whitened teeth is at your dentist’s office.
Professional Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening in your dentist’s office is the safest and best way to get a healthy, white smile. When you make your appointment to get your teeth whitened by your dentist, the first thing your dentist will do is give you a full dental examination. This step is to ensure that you don’t have any underlying conditions that could be exacerbated by the teeth whitening treatment. This is another reason why it’s important to get your teeth whitened by a dentist as opposed to trying to do it at home. Only your dentist will be able to thoroughly examine your oral health before proceeding.
Assuming that everything looks good, the next step is to conduct the treatment. Your dentist may use one of three options; conventional bleaching with a custom mouth guard, bleach-activated laser whitening, or simple laser teeth whitening. While the bleaching process is going on, there will be a rubber shield on the gums and mouth tissue as a protective barrier.
What to Expect With Professional Teeth Whitening
- Typically, you can expect to have at least two separate whitening sessions at your dentist’s office. Depending on the severity of your teeth discoloration, the more treatments may be needed. This is generally the case for teeth that are very brown or grey in color. Conditions like this are often linked to side effects from antibiotics or other prescription medication, heavy smoking or other factors. If you fall into this category, you’ll need to exercise patience since there will be several degrees of whitening needed to attain optimal results.
- Laser teeth whitening is the latest and most modern method for professional teeth whitening available. This treatment consists of a coat of hydrogen peroxide painted on the surface of the teeth. After that, an intense ray of light, the laser, is shone on the teeth. This light speeds up the lightening process and results in a beautiful, bright smile.
- All professional teeth whitening treatments are completely non-invasive and pain-free. You could come in during your lunch to have your teeth whitened and return to the office the same day.
Are You a Candidate For Professional Teeth Whitening?
You may be a candidate for professional teeth whitening if:
- you have discolored teeth
- you are free of serious teeth or gum issues
- you are self-conscious about the color of your teeth
You have lots of options for professional teeth whitening at your dentist’s office. Your best treatment option will depend on your individual circumstances. If you’ve always wanted a whiter, brighter smile, please contact us today for an appointment.