Invisalign is a revolutionary treatment that offers patients a way to discreetly address crooked and misaligned teeth. Invisalign offers patients numerous benefits, making the teeth-straightening process easier than ever before.
Who Should Consider Invisalign Treatment?
Teens who would like to straighten their teeth without using traditional braces, adults who wore braces during their youth but notice that their teeth have started to shift, as well as those who needed their teeth straightened, but never received orthodontic care are all potential candidates for this innovative option.
Benefits of Teeth-Straightening with Invisalign
The Invisalign teeth-straightening process involves using a series of custom-designed clear trays that are changed out every two weeks. These trays gradually shift the patient’s teeth into the preferred locations.
11 Benefits of Invisalign include:
- Instead of metal, the Invisalign trays consist of medical-grade polyurethane resin.
- Since these trays are removable, patients enjoy more flexibility than they would with the traditional braces.
- Typically, the trays a patient uses are custom-designed using three-dimensional digital scanning, eliminating the need to create a dental impression, which many patients find unpleasant.
- Tooth correction is mapped out using a computerized process. This provides patients with a clearer vision as to what they can expect during treatment.
- Since Invisalign’s trays consist of smooth plastic, this straightening option is more comfortable than traditional metal braces. With traditional braces, patients contend with sharp edges and wires that can poke the inside of the mouth. With Invisalign, patients receive custom trays made specifically for them, thus, eliminating the need for wires and sharp edges.
- Invisible trays allow patients to inconspicuously straighten their teeth.
- Invisalign is a time-saving option. When compared to traditional braces, Invisalign patients spend less time with their dental professional because they usually only need to visit their cosmetic dentist every six weeks.
- Since Invisalign trays can be removed, brushing and flossing is easy. In addition, rinsing the trays or brushing them with a toothbrush helps to keep them free of buildup.
- Whereas with traditional metal braces, there is always concern over the potential of a wire or bracket causing a mouth injury, Invisalign’s design reduces the likelihood of an injury occurring due to the teeth-straightening device. Therefore, Invisalign trays are a better option than traditional braces are for children and teens who participate in band and/or sports.
- Since Invisalign trays are removable, food restrictions are eliminated. Patients can still eat their favorite foods with Invisalign.
- The ability to remove Invisalign’s trays allows the patient to take better care of his or her teeth and gums.
At the end of treatment, patients enjoy beautifully straightened teeth.
Dr. Nicholas Polito, DDS, is an experienced cosmetic dentist at Dental Health and Beauty in Libertyville, Illinois. He has more than 25 years of experience enhancing patients’ smiles. He is also certified in Invisalign orthodontic care. Furthermore, Dr. Polito is proud to be one of the nine doctors in the state of Illinois that is certified by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
Invisalign offers patients comfort and convenience. If you are in the Libertyville, Illinois, area and you are considering Invisalign, contact Dental Health and Beauty today at 847.367.1133.
Dental Health and Beauty is located at 1109 West Park Avenue in Libertyville, Illinois.